Yesterday, we took advantage of spring break from my class and had a picnic at the park! It was super windy but still lots of fun :) We fed the geese, walked around the lake holding hands, and just generally had a super sweet afternoon. No better company for me that this Yeti <3
Hahah. Picture overload, I know. But I hope it was enjoyable at least :P
I feel like super poop for taking so long to post. And I feel like poop for complaining about it too, so I'll just leave it at that.
On to happier things :) :
1. I discovered, spent an arm and a leg on, and read entirely this book: Why We Broke Up written by Daniel Handler a.k.a. Lemony Snicket :P and Illustrated by Maira Kalman. It's wonderful. It encompassed so much of my feelings at the high school age, has beautiful illustrations every chapter, and is written in the same style as my brain thinks. Totally wonderful.
2. We played with the ferrets for a while and tuckered them out. Came back a while later and found them snuggling in the hammock :DD *eternal ferret adoration*
3. Found the tastiest snack ever ever.
4. We got Calvin's karate room set up downstairs! It's right next to my beautiful spare bedroom/craft room thing so we can be close while still doin our own thing sometimes. Plus I find it really fun to play in too :P
5. I just started having to do teeny tiny little pigtails in my hair because it's growing out into a baby mullet XD And yes, I'm gonna grow it a little while again. Probably keep it around shoulder length this time. I like to mix it up :)
6. Made the awesomest soup ever. We really enjoy soup around here :P This one is organic potato, green beans, and rotisserie chicken with cheesy bread. So yummy!
7. Broke in the new karate room with a little his and her's boxing match on Saturday :D
8. My lovely Momma with a picture I drew of my lovely Momma! <3
9. We looked at this house for sale last weekend as well! Like, set up a time with a realtor, discussed lending options legitly looked at it. Adult status yo. And isn't she dreamy?? The scallops are to die for! *fingers crossed*
So, that was my week. How was yours lovely people? Missed ya'll!
Hey guys, so sorry for the lack of posts these past couple of weeks! School,....grr. I tell ya. We took these pictures a few days ago and have been meaning to get a post written about them. I took them to showcase this cute little coffee necklace I made! As far as the outfit goes, I recently watched one of my all-time favorite movies The Royal Tenenbaums, and was inspired by Margot's amazing style XD If you haven't seen that movie, seriously go watch it right this minute. It is amazeballs.
I'm thinking I might try to sell a few pieces of handmade jewelry in my Etsy or Goodsie shop soon. I only have digital card downloads listed on my goodsie right now: Mason Jar MarketBut I'd love if you checked it out :)) The card downloads are only $2 :D
I don't know about where you are, but the weather here in Colorado has been completely beautiful! I love Spring so hard. Crisp cool air plus sunshine, occasional snow, and green bloomin' plants? Yes please! :D
Sorry for the picture overload there, we were having fun! :D
Well, have a great one ladies and gents, and think of me...slowly crumpling and blowing away in the breeze from an abundance of work and school pressure :P JK! I can do anything good.
Hey everyone! How was your week? Mine was a little on the blah side because I came down with a weird flu thing for a few days, which also happened to coincide with a big snow storm:
and just the standard work and school stresses, but it had some lovely moments for sure :)) One of them being the discovery of this amazing book!
"A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children."
Don't let the 'Young Adult' genre fool you, it is scary and exciting and like...magical? Haha XD I feel like such a nerd but I love getting swept up in the magic of fantasy books. I cannot wait for the Spring of 2013 for the sequel to come out! Read more about it here!
On top of that, we've been having some completely lovely weather, and ever got a chance to sit out sit and soak up some sun (while Calvin was silly and played around practicing ninja moves XD)
Bare legs :D So happy! And then we (of course) saw the Lorax :D
Also found this super cool massive bronze sculpture at church that I kind of love, and I baked some chocolate bottomed macaroons using this recipe by Lesley Jean and adding chocolate! :D So tasty!
How about your week? I hope it was lovely and lacking in flu heh.