____________________________________________________________________________

26.1.12

Guest Post by Jess!

Earlier this week, Jess from Jess Buckley and I decided to do some sweet little interview type guest posts for one another's blog! She has a lovely blog full of gorgeous art, freebies, inspiration and fun updates from her life. Check it out! :D
What is your best thrift store score to date?
A vintage owl necklace that I got a few years back for a buck! I don't wear it that often, as it's kind of heavy, but I love it!


Where did the name Olivine Eyes come from?
It came from a friend that used to call me olive because my eyes are green. Olivine is also a mineral that's a pretty green color.


If you could only eat one cupcake flavor from the rest of your life, what would it be?
That's hard but I'd have to say chocolate cake with mint Oreo frosting.


If you could choose one fictional character to be your best friend, who would you choose?
I think Ron Weasley. He just seems like an awesome, loyal friend.


What are some advantages you've acquired through blogging?
I value my art and myself quite a bit more now, and it's changed how I see things. Now the mundane seems a bit more interesting. I've realized that nobody has the same blog or life as me, so something that could seem completely normal or boring in my life can be outrageous in someone else's. It's cool to read that kind of stuff from other people too.  


What is something you enjoy about raising horses?
How curious, sweet, and funny they can be. They're like big, fuzzy babies.


How did you first discover you wanted to be a graphic designer?
The first thing I can look back and remember was using some computer program similar to paint in 2nd grade, and I used it to change a cartoon strawberry from red to pink because I thought it looked better that way. 


What is the grossest thing in your refrigerator?
Squeezable garlic spread! It looks like mustard but it's not. I have no idea where it came from. 



You've recently been accepted to Radford University- what advice would you give to someone still in the application process? 
Take your time and don't put all your eggs in one basket. I got wait-listed by my first choice. Not getting in isn't the end of the world. 



What has been your favorite part of senior year so far?
How everyone is so much more laid back. The teachers aren't breathing down our necks anymore, we can get away with stuff, and there's a lot less stupid drama.


If you were a woodland creature, what would you be?
I would be a deer without a doubt. They're my favorite animal. My friend Katie actually has one as a pet. He gives the best kisses.
What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
I love dresses. They're just so easy and fun. I would wear a dress every day if I could.


Do you have any strong opinions on body art?
Nothing too strong :P I want a few tattoos myself. I guess my biggest thing about tattoos is that they should have some sort of meaning to the person. I'm not much of a piercing person because needles freak me out, but I have nothing against them.


What song can you not stay still to? 
Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye is one of my favorites lately.

----------------------------------

Thank you so much for the post, Jess! Feel free to check out my interview on her blog, Jess Buckley, too! :D


All the best,
Grace Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment